Recent News and Updates
Exciting new power clasp news!
1. The casting company that made the cases for our solar power clasps closed shop this year and the new caster works in bronze rather than brass, so you’ll see two new solar power clasp options on the components page. (Extra bonus – the price of the white bronze clasp has dropped a smidge since we no longer need the extra silver-plating step to get the silver color!)
- August 18-20. Bead Fest in Philadelphia PA (well, just outside in Oaks, technically). Hours 10-6 Fri & Sat, 10-5 Sun.
- September 9-10. CT Bead Society Bazaar in Middletown, CT.
- October 21. Bead Affaire in Watertown MA. Armenian Cultural & Educational Center, 47 Nichols Ave, Watertown. Sat, 10-5.
- And of course you can always find a rotating selection of necklaces and kits at the Whiffle Tree Gallery in Billerica, MA. Hours are 10am-5pm Fri-Sat and noon-5pm Sundays.
Solar powered rechargeable LED illumination system
- Finished jewelry, DIY kits and individual components available.
- A single LED illuminates the focal bead in each necklace.
- Solar-rechargeable battery pack (“power clasp”) mounts between a magnetic necklace clasp to provide power. (No batteries to change!). A USB rechargeable option is also available.
- One power clasp can illuminate necklaces interchangeably.
- Necklaces can be worn with or without the power clasp. (Power clasp adds one inch to total length.)
- Created by jewelry designers for jewelry designers, our DIY assembly uses tools and methods familiar to beaders, like screw crimps, tube crimps and multi-strand stringing wire.