Recent News and Updates
8/29/16 – Our holiday show schedule is starting to solidify. Our first show will be right next door in Harvard, MA at the first annual Volksfest on Saturday Sept. 17 from 3-10 pm. It’s shaping up to be a fairly crazy afternoon complete with local beer, wine and cider tasting, live music, and “bed races” – whatever that is! If you’re coming to see LED jewelry, we recommend stopping by our booth after sunset – we’re not sure how artificially-dark we can make a sunny afternoon on the library lawn.
In October, you can find us in Watertown, MA on Saturday the 15th for the New England Bead Society’s Bead Affaire one-day market. While in Phily we conspired with a number of flameworkers to try some LED-oriented experiments, so we expect to be checking out the results when we all meet again at this show. Come see what we’re up to!
In December, we’re very excited to have been invited to show in both the South Boston Holiday Market on Dec 3-4, and the Salem Holiday Market on Dec 17-18. We expect these to be amazing (possibly even overwhelming) shows – we’ll post more info as it becomes available.
And if you can’t make any of these events, you can still find a selection of our finished necklaces for sale throughout the season at the Whiffle Tree gallery in Billerica, MA.
8/15/16 – If you’re in the vicinity of Philadelphia this weekend, stop by the Expo Center in Oaks, PA and visit booth 550B to check out our DIY kits and finished necklaces!
6/18/16 – We’re back from Milwaukee and almost recovered. We had a great time and met oodles of interesting people with all kinds of great ideas for using our kits – we’re looking forward to seeing the results! DIY seed bead kits are now available (and correctly priced!) for the Carnelian Manga kit and the Amethyst Manga kit. If you’re looking for the Calcite Lantern kit, I’ll be putting that together in July, so check back in early August. If you’re in Massachusetts, you can find our necklaces on sale at the Whiffle Tree Gallery in Billerica. And we’ve just signed up for a booth at BeadFest in August, so if you’re in the vicinity of Philadelphia Aug. 19-21, stop by and check us out!
Solar powered rechargeable LED illumination system
- Finished jewelry, DIY kits and individual components available.
- A single LED illuminates the focal bead in each necklace.
- Solar-rechargeable battery pack (“power clasp”) mounts between a magnetic necklace clasp to provide power. (No batteries to change!)
- One power clasp can illuminate necklaces interchangeably.
- Necklaces can be worn with or without the power clasp. (Power clasp adds one inch to total length.)
- Created by jewelry designers for jewelry designers, our DIY assembly uses tools and methods familiar to beaders, like screw crimps, tube crimps and multi-strand stringing wire.