Recent News and Updates
OVER 45 AnglerFish one-of-a-kind handmade lampwork jewelry pieces are available on our jewelry page!
Each piece is handmade on site by AnglerFish (including glass focals!).
AnglerFish Handmade Lampwork is now available in the Gallery!
We have updated our Gallery pages to show necklaces and lampwork beads separately. New lampwork beads and bead sets will be posted at the start of every month. When you find some you like, email us to inquire about availability.
2020 SHOW SCHEDULE
2020 will be a little bit different for AnglerFish. Our “day jobs” are going to be a bit more demanding this year, so we’ve drastically reduced the number of trade and craft shows we’re doing, down from 15 shows in 2019 to just two shows in 2020. We hope you can make it to either Las Vegas or Milwaukee to see our work in person, but for those who can’t, we’re planning on putting more time into posting new beads and necklaces for sale on the website. These pieces will often be “OOAK” (one of a kind), so don’t snooze if you see something you love!
Apr 4. ISGB Gathering, Las Vegas, NV. Jun 6-9. Bead & Button, Milwaukee, WI.
- Sept 26. Bolton & Harvard Open Studios, Town Commons, Bolton MA. Our only “live” show of 2020, and only the second outdoor show we’ve ever done (except for one in a horse barn, which I’m not sure how to count). Depending on the weather, it will be difficult or impossible to see our illuminated necklaces glowing, so we’re going to focus on beads and some non-glowing jewelry. (But we’ll have our LED necklaces with us too, for those who want to get some holiday shopping done reallllly early!)
- Oct 9-11. Whole Bead Virtual Show, in cyberspace! Note that “entrance” is free but you must register in advance to attend the show. This wild year has required an extra dose of creativity, and this is an experiment in moving the traditional bead fair online. All the items are shipped to a single location for the show, so you get something similar to the experience of browsing many vendors. It will be a first for us, so stop in and tell us what you think!
Solar powered rechargeable LED illumination system
- Finished jewelry, DIY kits and individual components available.
- A single LED illuminates the focal bead in each necklace.
- Solar or USB rechargeable battery pack (“power clasp”) mounts between a magnetic necklace clasp to provide power. (No batteries to change!).
- One power clasp can illuminate necklaces interchangeably.
- Necklaces can be worn with or without the power clasp. (Power clasp adds one inch to total length.)
- Created by jewelry designers for jewelry designers, our DIY assembly uses tools and methods familiar to beaders, like screw crimps, tube crimps and multi-strand stringing wire.