Recent News and Updates
Exciting new power clasp news!
1. The casting company that made the cases for our solar power clasps closed shop this year and the new caster works in bronze rather than brass, so you’ll see two new solar power clasp options on the components page. (Extra bonus – the price of the white bronze clasp has dropped a smidge since we no longer need the extra silver-plating step to get the silver color!)
2. We have also added a completely new power clasp option: USB-rechargeable! These are currently only available in a matte black plastic version. These clasps have no solar panel; instead they accept a micro-USB connector to recharge the internal battery. (You may already have a suitable cable, or you can add one to your AnglerFish order.) Now you can wear your illuminated necklace even during sunless Arctic winters (or days that seem like sunless Arctic winter)!
2018 SHOW SCHEDULE
- February 28. Reception for Newton Art Association’s ‘Fiber and Metal’ exhibit, Easy St. Newton Highlands, MA. Wed Feb 28, 6:30-8:30 pm. (The official address is 23 Needham St, but “on the left at the end of Easy St” will get you closer to the front door.)
- March 3-4. The Innovative Bead & Jewelry Expo, 201 Washington Ave (Best Western), North Haven, CT. Sat, March 3 10-5 & Sun March 4, 11-4. Admission is $4; save $1 with this coupon.
- April 14. New England ISGB Annual One-Day Glass Art & Bead Extravaganza, 242 Adams Place (Regency Hotel), Boxboro, MA. Sat, April 14 10-4. Admission is $3; save $1 with this coupon.
- May 11-12. Innovative Bead & Jewelry Expo, Marlboro, MA.
- June 7-10. Bead &Button Show, Milwaukee, WI.
- July 28-29. Innovative Bead & Jewelry Expo, Concord, NH.
- August 17-19. BeadFest, Philadelphia, PA.
- September 8-9. CT Bead Society Annual Sale, Middletown, CT.
- September 14-15. Innovative Bead & Jewelry Expo, Marlboro, MA.
- September 29. Innovative Bead & Jewelry Expo, Fishkill, NY.
- October 19-21. Whole Bead Show, New York, NY.
- November 9-11. Hartford Artisans Showcase, Hartford, CT.
Solar powered rechargeable LED illumination system
- Finished jewelry, DIY kits and individual components available.
- A single LED illuminates the focal bead in each necklace.
- Solar-rechargeable battery pack (“power clasp”) mounts between a magnetic necklace clasp to provide power. (No batteries to change!). A USB rechargeable option is also available.
- One power clasp can illuminate necklaces interchangeably.
- Necklaces can be worn with or without the power clasp. (Power clasp adds one inch to total length.)
- Created by jewelry designers for jewelry designers, our DIY assembly uses tools and methods familiar to beaders, like screw crimps, tube crimps and multi-strand stringing wire.