Recent News and Updates
Exciting new power clasp news!
1. The casting company that made the cases for our solar power clasps closed shop this year and the new caster works in bronze rather than brass, so you’ll see two new solar power clasp options on the components page. (Extra bonus – the price of the white bronze clasp has dropped a smidge since we no longer need the extra silver-plating step to get the silver color!)
- October 21. Bead Affaire. Armenian Cultural & Educational Center, 47 Nichols Ave, Watertown MA. Sat, 10-5. Get $1 off the $6 admission.
- October 28. Trunk Show and DIY Class hosted by Thistle Beads, 24 Pennsylvania Ave, Niantic CT. Sat, 11-5 (class 1-2:30).
- November 11-12. Hartford Artisan & Fine Crafts Showcase at the CT Convention Center, Hartford CT. Sat 10-7, Sun 10-5. Get $2 off the $8 admission. Part of OpenStudio Hartford.
- December 2. Newton Holiday Craft Fair at Newton City Hall, 1000 Comm Ave. Newton, Sat 10-5. Free admission!
- December 2-3. New England Holiday Craft Spectacular in the Hanover Mall, 1775 Washington St., Hanover MA. Sat 10-5, Sun 10-4. Get $2 off the $7 entrance fee.
- December 17. Salem Holiday Market, in the Old Town Hall at 93 Washington St., Salem MA. Sun 11-6.
- And of course you can always find a rotating selection of necklaces and kits at the Whiffle Tree Gallery in Billerica, MA. Extended hours for the holiday season are 10am-5pm Wed-Sat and noon-5pm Sundays.
- April 14. New England Chapter ISGB Glass Art & Bead Extravaganza. Boxboro Regency Hotel, at 495/rt 111 intersection, Boxboro MA. Sat, 10-4. Get $1 off the $3 admission as soon as I get a link.
Solar powered rechargeable LED illumination system
- Finished jewelry, DIY kits and individual components available.
- A single LED illuminates the focal bead in each necklace.
- Solar-rechargeable battery pack (“power clasp”) mounts between a magnetic necklace clasp to provide power. (No batteries to change!). A USB rechargeable option is also available.
- One power clasp can illuminate necklaces interchangeably.
- Necklaces can be worn with or without the power clasp. (Power clasp adds one inch to total length.)
- Created by jewelry designers for jewelry designers, our DIY assembly uses tools and methods familiar to beaders, like screw crimps, tube crimps and multi-strand stringing wire.