Recent News and Updates
More power clasp developments!
The casting company which makes the bronze housings for our solar-clasps can also make the tiny hole necessary to support a micro-usb connector. So now we have a USB rechargeable clasp in both bronze and white bronze! And with USB you can wear your illuminated necklace even during sunless Arctic winters (or days that seem like sunless Arctic winter)!
2018 SHOW SCHEDULE
- Dec 1. Newton Holiday Craft Fair, Newton, MA. The one at City Hall! (There are 2 art fairs in Newton on the same day!) Free! 10am – 4pm.
- Dec 2. Start at the Station, Worcester, MA. In Union Station. 9am-5pm; free admission starts at 11am.
- Also Dec 2! A few of our necklaces will be traveling without us to the Simsbury Historical Society’s “Best of Market” Artisan Craft Fair, Simsbury, CT.
- Dec 8-9. Harvard Square Holiday Fair, Cambridge, MA. St. Paul’s Church Sat 10-7 / Sun noon-6.
2019 CLASS SCHEDULE
- Apr 6, 2019 @ Oaks, PA. Leather & Lights Necklace: LED-Illuminated Focal Beads with Woven Leather Cords at Spring IBExpo, 3 hrs 10am-1pm.
- June 8, 2019 @ Milwaukee. Leather & Lights LED-Illuminated Necklace at Bead & Button, 3 hrs 6-9pm, B191222.
2019 SHOW SCHEDULE
- Apr 5-7. Innovative Bead Expo, Oaks, PA.
- Apr 13. New England Chapter, International Society of Glass Beadmakers Annual Sale, Marlboro, MA.
- May 10-11. Innovative Bead Expo, Marlboro, MA.
- Jun 6-9. Bead & Button, Milwaukee, WI.
- Jul 27-28. Innovative Bead Expo, Concord, NH.
- Aug 16-18. BeadFest, Oaks, PA.
- Sept 7. CT Bead Society’s Bead Bazaar. Middletown, CT.
- Oct 18-20. Whole Bead Show, NYC.
Solar powered rechargeable LED illumination system
- Finished jewelry, DIY kits and individual components available.
- A single LED illuminates the focal bead in each necklace.
- Solar or USB rechargeable battery pack (“power clasp”) mounts between a magnetic necklace clasp to provide power. (No batteries to change!).
- One power clasp can illuminate necklaces interchangeably.
- Necklaces can be worn with or without the power clasp. (Power clasp adds one inch to total length.)
- Created by jewelry designers for jewelry designers, our DIY assembly uses tools and methods familiar to beaders, like screw crimps, tube crimps and multi-strand stringing wire.