Recent News and Updates
For the Massachusetts crowd, we now have some beads, small glass sculptures and unlit lampwork necklaces available at the Harvard General Store in Harvard, MA (out in the country, not by the University). It’s a great place to stop in for a drink or snack while on a central MA wander or bike ride, the TBTA panini is to die for and once the weather warms up their outdoor dinner service is the perfect relaxed date. You’ll find our lampwork at about eye height to the right of the entrance.
Our “show schedule” is very slowly and carefully coming back into existence. Meanwhile, we’re posting new beads and necklaces for sale on the website and on Etsy. These pieces will often be “OOAK” (one of a kind), so don’t snooze if you see something you love!
- March 19, 2022. Bead Mall. Dedham, MA. 10am – 5pm. The only live bead show we have scheduled for 2022 (so far?).
- October 1-2, 2022. Bolton-Harvard Open Studios. Harvard, MA. We’ll be bringing out beads and finished jewelry this weekend as part of our hometown art crawl. (We expect to be at the Harvard General Store location again, but that’s not final yet.)
- October 15, 2022. Bead Affaire. Watertown, MA. This is always a great show with vendors from all around New England and beyond. (The website has a complete list.) If you’re in need of a serious bead fix, this is the show for you!
Solar powered rechargeable LED illumination system
- Finished jewelry, DIY kits and individual components available.
- A single LED illuminates the focal bead in each necklace.
- Solar or USB rechargeable battery pack (“power clasp”) mounts between a magnetic necklace clasp to provide power. (No batteries to change!).
- One power clasp can illuminate necklaces interchangeably.
- Necklaces can be worn with or without the power clasp. (Power clasp adds one inch to total length.)
- Created by jewelry designers for jewelry designers, our DIY assembly uses tools and methods familiar to beaders, like screw crimps, tube crimps and multi-strand stringing wire.