Recent News and Updates
For the Massachusetts crowd, we now have some beads, small glass sculptures and unlit lampwork necklaces available at the Harvard General Store in Harvard, MA (out in the country, not by the University). It’s a great place to stop in for a drink or snack while on a central MA wander or bike ride, and the TBTA panini (turkey, bacon, tomato, avocado) is to die for. You’ll find our lampwork at about eye height somewhere to the right of the entrance and register.
- NEW! December 3, 2023. StART at the Station Holiday Arts & Crafts Festival. Worcester MA. (9am – 5pm) This is likely to be our only live show during the 2023 holiday season, so come out to Worcester’s beautiful Union Station – both a working train station and a fantastic example of public art in its own right – and see our new work in person! We will have both LED necklaces and non-LED lampwork items at this show – something for everyone on your list!
- September 30 – October 1, 2023. Bolton-Harvard Open Studios. Harvard, MA. We’ll be bringing our beads and finished jewelry this weekend as part of our hometown art crawl. Find us at the Harvard General Store location again – outside if the weather is good; upstairs if the weather is unfriendly.)
Solar powered rechargeable LED illumination system
- Finished jewelry, DIY kits and individual components available.
- A single LED illuminates the focal bead in each necklace.
- Solar or USB rechargeable battery pack (“power clasp”) mounts between a magnetic necklace clasp to provide power. (No batteries to change!).
- One power clasp can illuminate necklaces interchangeably.
- Necklaces can be worn with or without the power clasp. (Power clasp adds one inch to total length.)
- Created by jewelry designers for jewelry designers, our DIY assembly uses tools and methods familiar to beaders, like screw crimps, tube crimps and multi-strand stringing wire.